Visiting the Museums
Please read the Morpeth Chantry Bagpipe Museum Access Plan below for detailed information on visiting the museum, or alternatively you can ring us on 01670 624455 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help with your visit.
Here are the key points to know:
- There is an accessible entrance to the Chantry from the Courtyard to the rear of the building.
- To visit the museum there is an accessible lift on the ground floor of the Chantry building. Press the button to open the door, and once inside continuously press the button to raise the lift. A noise will tell you you have arrived at the first floor.
- As the Chantry is an historic building some of the floors can be slightly uneven and there may be gradients in places.
- We play recordings of small pipe performances, so that you have can have a multi-sensory experience. There are often live performances which will take place in the gallery to the right as you arrive, more information on these can be found on our events pages.
- There are two toilets in the gallery to the right as you arrive, one of which is wheelchair accessible. A key can be requested from the Tourist Information desk on the ground floor.
Visiting our website
Our website has been designed with access in mind. It has been designed and built in line with the guidelines set by the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative.
For more information on these standards and web accessibility in general you can visit The Web Accessibility Initiative