Project Development Manager
Owing to our recent success with partners in securing funds in excess of £11M to transform the region’s STEM capabilities through both the National Lottery Heritage-funded ‘Union Chain Bridge: crossing borders, inspiring communities’ and the North of Tyne Combined Authority-funded STEM & Digital Heritage ‘Our Past, Your Future’ projects, we are seeking an Project Development Manager to coordinate our delivery on both projects and apply that learning to enhancing our organisational capabilities to serve our audiences, online and in-person, both in region and beyond. These projects have been running successfully for two years and the successful candidate will play a key role in seeing the projects through to completion and ensuring their legacy.
You will lead and champion the delivery of the two prestigious capital projects to budget, deadline and to the highest ethical and quality standards using effective communications to ensure that all of our stakeholders are kept up to date and engaged. You will apply the learning from the capital projects, as well as your specialist knowledge, to supporting Museums Northumberland’s readiness for the next NPO period. You will collaborate with Senior Management Team colleagues to lead and inspire teams to deliver our strategic priorities through departmental strategies, policies, and plans. Your work will be instrumental in improving the wellbeing and ambition of our communities, inspiring loyalty in our organisation and improving our reputation and reach.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Lead the delivery of the heritage; interpretation and STEM content on the prestigious NLHF-funded £10M ‘Union Chain Bridge: Crossing Borders, Inspiring Communities’ Project. Working collaboratively with Museum Northumberland’s CEO and our Project Board comprising of Northumberland County Council, Scottish Borders Council and the Friends of the Union Chain Bridge.
- Lead the development and delivery of the North of Tyne Combined Authority STEM & Digital Project ‘Our Past, Your Future’ in collaboration with our project partners, Northumbria University’s NU STEM, Historic England, Akzo Nobel and Tharsus.
- Facilitate lasting relationships with community partners, third sector organisations and educational institutions to ensure accessibility to the work of Museums Northumberland and to share good practice.
- Ensure Museums Northumberland’s commitment to support the ambitions of the Arts Council’s Creative Case for Diversity is proactively integrated into all aspects of our work
- Provide regular updates to all trust staff, volunteers, stakeholders and trustees to increase awareness and understanding of the importance of our STEM projects, providing training and support to colleagues where a need is identified.
- Contribute to the work of the Senior Management Team helping to shape the business plan development and delivery and championing STEM at every opportunity.
- Contribute to the Seasonal Steering Groups and ensure that diverse audience needs, and expectations are met through our seasonal events and exhibitions.
- Lead a Team of Temporary Project Staff and Consultants in the delivery of both the Union Chain Bridge and North of Tyne Combined Authority Project.
For full details, please download the job description and person specification below.
Please email your current CV with a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the role specification to Claire Danks, at email@example.com with ‘Project Development Manager’ on the subject line. If you would like to discuss this role in advance of applying, please contact Claire Danks to set up an appointment with our CEO, Rowan Brown.
Closing date for applications is 22nd July 2022
Interviews will take place remotely week commencing 8th August 2022