The Our Past, your Future team at Museums Northumberland are proud to share our Early Years story time with you. During the pandemic we read the book Float by Daniel Miyares which inspired this fun boat making activity.
To try out the activity, you will need:
- Something to make a boat – why not try paper, kitchen foil or plasticine
- Somewhere to test your boat, either a tub of water or a sink
- Something to act as weights on your boat, for example: marbles, plasticine cannonballs or pennies work well
- A towel to mop up any spills
- A pencil and paper to record your results