The Our Past, your Future team at Museums Northumberland are proud to share our Early Years story time with you. Join us as we read Float by Daniel Miyares, make a boat, and learn how to test how well it floats.
To join in the activity, you will need:
- Something to make a boat – why not try paper, kitchen foil or plasticine
- Somewhere to test your boat, either a tub of water or a sink
- Something to act as weights on your boat, for example: marbles, plasticine cannonballs or pennies work well
- A towel to mop up any spills
- A pencil and paper to record your results