Enjoy a changing programme of art activities inspired by the Pitmen Painters and our coal mining community heritage, with something different to create each time you visit.
The making of colliery banners and posters was an important tradition in mining life as can be seen by Woodhorn’s amazing collection. Many of the original Ashington Group artists painted the banners that are now on display in the Museum. With artist Theresa Easton and Museum staff, you can make posters or mini placards with your own message or slogan.
The ‘Pitmen Painters: Resurfacing’ summer season at Woodhorn Museum has been made possible through the support of Northumberland County Council, Arts Council England, The Ashington Group Trustees, Ashington Town Council, Newcastle University and The Arts & Humanities Research Council.
Take part in our Instagram competition
Fancy winning a bundle of Ashington Group inspired goodies?
Come along to #AGrandDayOut family fun at Woodhorn Museum by 2nd September and it could be you. Here’s how you do it.
- Take a photograph at Woodhorn of you or your family enjoying the #AGrandDayOut family activities by Sunday 2nd September and upload to Instagram by Tuesday 4th September before midnight
- The entry photograph must be tagged #AGrandDayOut and mention @woodhornmuseum
- Only one photograph per person will count as an entry
- You must be following @woodhornmuseum on Instagram
- One winner only will be chosen at random on Wednesday 5th September 2018
- The winner will be announced and their image shared on the Woodhorn Instagram feed on Wednesday 5th September 2018
- UK residents only may enter
- All entrants acknowledge a complete release of Instagram/Facebook by entering this competition
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram/Facebook