Northumberland’s magic might be found in its landscapes, light, local legends or lore of the land.
The subject matter is open to interpretation by the artist, so expect the unexpected and to enjoy seeing a diverse range of subject matter and media.
Our popular annual open exhibitions showcase talented northern artists and celebrate our northern people and places.
Information for Artists wanting to submit work:
- The theme of the exhibition Northumberland: Myths and Magic is open to interpretation by the artist.
- Artists may submit up to three works for consideration at a fee of £10 per work (non-refundable).
- This exhibition will be open to the public from Saturday 15th February- Sunday 19th April 2020.
- Artists must be able to deliver works for consideration to Woodhorn Museum on Saturday 25th January 2020 between the hours of 11am and 3pm. Works must be accompanied by a completed entry form and a signed copy of our terms and condition. Full payment will be taken upon delivery by cash or card.
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register interest and to receive an entry form by Monday 2nd December 2019.
- A panel of judges will select artworks for inclusion in the exhibition and award the following prizes:
- £250 Prize for overall winner
- £50 Prize will be award to 2 highly commended works.